The field assessment is a scientific evaluation of the sports fields is completed to ensure the safety and performance of the asset.
The attributes listed below are tested as part of the field audit program:
- Turf Composition (i.e. percentage cover of desirable turfgrasses, weeds and bare ground);
- Soil Profile (i.e. soil strata and texture classes as determined from soil cores);
- Thatch Depth (i.e. thickness of thatch above soil surface);
- Root Depth (i.e. depth that turf roots have penetrated into the soil profile);
- Soil Nutrient Analysis (i.e. concentration and saturation of nutrients from soil samples);
- Surface Hardness (i.e. surface resistance to impacts);
- Soil Compaction (i.e. penetration resistance at 100mm and > 200mm depth in soil profile);
- Soil Moisture Content (i.e. percentage volumetric water content);
- Surface Levels (i.e. evenness of the field); and
- Water Infiltration Rate (i.e. rate at which the soil is able to absorb water).
The data collected is used to develop site specific turf management programs that deliver the key actions required to positively impact on the quality and play-ability of the turf surface under management. By understanding the key issues being faced, we are able to determine the most appropriate strategic decisions that will improve overall sports field sustainability whilst having access to the detailed specifications and budget estimates for future project planning and budget development.
Herbicide, Insecticide & Pesticide Applications
Fertilising and Soil Amendment Applications
Broadleaf Weed Control
Whole of Maintenance; Revegetation; Clearing and Declared Weed Control; Landscape Construction; In Blooms Floral Displays