Regular aeration of sporting surfaces is essential to ensure turf grass quality is maintained throughout the year.
The impact and cost of not carrying out these operations can be high, resulting in injury to players or cancelled fixtures, both issues which will have an impact on the clubs using the asset.
The vast majority of sporting fields and multi-purpose parks are grown in a medium consisting of a blend of soil and sand that provide a suitable environment for plant growth. This growing medium is made up of differing proportions of mineral and organic material and soil pores for water and air.
Maintaining the correct balance of these components is critical for sustaining healthy plant growth. The spaces between the particles of solid material are just as important to the nature of soil, as are the solids themselves. It is in these pore spaces which create the environment for the plant to obtain the necessary nutrients, air and water it requires to respire and grow.
The main contributing factor that reduces and damages pore spaces in soil is compaction, typically caused by compression forces normally associated with play and use of machinery, particularly during wet weather periods. Over time, these compression forces reduce the pore spaces so that air, water and nutrient flow through the soil profile is restricted, and leads to the many problems associated with compaction.
To alleviate these compacted layers in turf surfaces, Technigro use both hollow coring tines and solid tines techniques via a tractor mounted vertical punch aerators with the following benefits:
- Improved soil surface drainage and water infiltration
- Increased soil pore space allowing oxygen in which improves root growth and development
- Aids integration of topdressings into the soil profile
- Aids the breakdown of thatch/organic matter
Key Features of the Technigro Units:
- Tractor with turf tyres
- Manoeuvrable with safe 360 vision
- Highly visible safety lighting and signage
- Solid tine aeration to a depth of 300mm
- Robust machine capable of 4500m3 per hour with solid tines
- Heavy duty roller replaces any turf damage discrepancies
Fertilising and Soil Amendment Applications
Herbicide, Insecticide & Pesticide Applications
Broadleaf Weed Control
Turf Consultancy Services
Whole of Maintenance; Revegetation; Clearing and Declared Weed Control; Landscape Construction; In Blooms Floral Displays